INSIDE WORSHIP Begins Again: Inside Our Church Building Sunday October 4
We are excited to announce that IN person worship will begin inside our church building again this Sunday, October 4. We will have one service at 9:30 am and it will last 30 minutes to keep the time of gathering limited due to precautions we are taking for the safety of all. We look forward to welcoming people back into the church building and hope that with the guidelines we have established we will be able to meet safely. Face coverings are required to enter our building and we are asking all to social distance including sitting in designated pews in the main floor and balcony.
UMCMV Church Council has been working through some guidelines to keep us all safe and healthy and passed these guidelines last week:
· For the safety of everyone, face coverings will be required in our church building.
· We need to limit our time inside the building so services will be 30 minutes long. We’re going to continue with just one service for now but will constantly evaluate the need for additional worship opportunities.
· We ask that you fellowship outside. It’s been a long time and we all love to chat. Right after the service, let’s move it outdoors and stay six feet apart. I can’t wait to talk to you too!
· It’s important to keep everyone healthy as we worship. Please follow signs placed around the building and use hand sanitizer when you arrive. Our cleaning company has been doing a great job of cleaning our space. They will continue to sanitize all surfaces regularly. Please do your part and limit touching surfaces.
· Since we need to provide distance between family groups, there will be rows of pews blocked off. Please follow the guidance as seen in the sanctuary. Due to space many of us will need to sit up in the balcony. You are welcome to enjoy a new perspective of the sanctuary from a new location.
· We won’t be singing during worship but feel free to hum along to the music. Clapping and dancing are also allowed.
· We can’t shake hands during greeting time but we can bump elbows or sign to each other.
· Please leave your offering in the basket in the Narthex. This is also a really great time to set up regular electronic giving so you don’t have to worry about forgetting your offering.
· When its communion Sunday we will all use individual communion kits. Please dispose of these in a trash can.
The building will remain closed at all other times of the day. If you need to visit, please call the office to schedule an appointment. Know that we are all working hard to keep everyone safe so we can continue to worship together for a long time!