Blue Christmas Worship Available — Virtual Gathering Sunday December 20 @ 6 pm
Pastor Terra will host a viewing and discussion after the video viewing of Blue Christmas Service to lend support to one another at this time and in this season. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you want to be included in the Zoom Virtual Gathering Sunday December 20 @ 6 pm.
As a gift to anyone who might be feeling a little down during the Christmas season, we are hosting from the Iowa Annual Conference a Blue Christmas Worship Service featuring a message by Rev. Dr. Lanette Plambeck titled, Finding Our Voice.
We know that not everyone is experiencing joy and excitement during the Christmas season. Dealing with the isolation of a global pandemic, job losses, deaths of loved ones, divorces, the political and religious divisions all contribute to feelings of pain and sadness.
We have created this service as a way to set aside a time of sacred space for those who feel blue and seek hope and comfort during the Christmas Season.
If you find yourself feeling a little blue this Christmas, we invite you to reach out to a trusted friend, pastor or use one of the following resources:
- National Alliance of Mental Illness – namiiowa.org
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline – Call: 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line – Call: 1-800-273-8255, Press 1
- Iowa Crisis Chat – iowacrisischat.org
- The Trevor Project LGBTQ Youth – Call: 1-866-488-7386 or Text: “START” to 678-678
- Adult Mental Health – Your Life Iowa Statewide Crisis Line – Call: 1-855-581-8111
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline – Call: 1-800-799-7233